We have 19 children in our class. Our teacher is Miss Katie Loney. Our Classroom Assistant is Miss Holmes.
Fresh fruit is available daily and we encourage the children to make healthy choices.
Milk is available free to all children until they are 5 (once registered).
Water is readily available in the classroom. The children are encouraged to help themselves throughout the day.
PE takes place every Tuesday Morning. Please label all your child's uniform and PE kit.
Outdoor play is a big part of our curriculum. At Scout Road we provide the children with waterproof clothing. Please could you make sure your child has a suitable warm coat, hat, gloves and wellies.
Book bags need to be brought to school every day with their reading book, reading record and their phonics book.
Our topic this half term is:-
Reception children will be learning to:
- Recognise numbers 1-10 and beyond
- Forming numbers 0-9 correctly.
- Counting objects and matching the quantity to the correct numeral
- Add two groups of objects together and say what the total is
- Name 2D shapes
- Talk about the properties of 2D shapes
Year One children will be learning to:
- Represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 10
- Read, write and interpret mathematical statements involving addition (+), subtraction (-), and equals (=) signs.
- Add and subtract one digit numbers to 10 including zero.
- Solve one step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete objects and pictorial representations and missing number problems.
- Recognise and name common 2-D shapes, including: (for example, rectangles (including squares), circles and triangles)
- Recognise and name common 3-D shapes, including: (for example, cuboids (including cubes), pyramids and spheres.)
English: We use the Ruth Miskin 'Read, Write Inc' programme to develop our reading and writing skills.
Our books this half term will be:
'Blue Penguins' and 'We're all wonders'
We will be learning to:
- Talk about events that have happened in the story
- Make links to their own experiences where possible
- Sound out simple words and spell correctly using correct phonics sounds - Year 1
- Write simple sentences, using finger spaces and full stops - Year 1
- Join in with repeated refrains.
- Sequence events in stories
- Write for a purpse
- Use imaginative vocabulary
By the end of the year to meet the Early learning goal in Literacy children need to:
- Use phonic knowledge to decode regular words and read them aloud accurately
- Read some irregular common words
- Read and understand simple sentences
- Demonstrate understanding when talking with others about what they have read
- Use phonic knowledge to write words in ways which match their spoken sounds
- Can write some irregular common words
- When writing, some words are spelt correctly and others are phonetically plausible
- Writes simple sentences which can be read by themselves and others.
Science Investigations: Changing seasons
Expressive Arts and Design: Modeling and collages
Topic: Guy Fawkes and Remembrance Day
Reading Books: They will be changed on a Monday and Friday, however, if you would like your child's reading book changed between these days, please place the book in the box.
Possible help parents can offer at home:
- Reading/ story telling daily
- Talking about everyday things that occur
- Practice holding a pencil correctly
- Practice writing simple sentences, using finger spaces and full stops
- Getting dressed and undressed independently
- Practice writing numbers and counting out loud
- Simple addition and subtraction sums
- Learn number bonds to 10
Dates for your Diary:
- Monday 6th November - Back to school
- Friday 10th November - Wear something blue- Anti-bullying
- Friday 17th November - Parents assesmbly
- Thursday 23rd November - Open day
- Friday 24th November - Trip to Hebden Bridge cinema (am)
- Friday 24th November - Advent art afternoon
- Thursday 30th November - Movie night
- Friday 1st December - Parents assembly
- Friday 15th December- Parents assembly
- Monday 18th December- Christmas shop
- Tuesday 19th December- Nativity rehearsal (pm)
- Wednesday 20th December- Nativity performance (afternoon and evening)
- Thursday 21st December -Christmas parties
- Friday 22nd December- Christmas jumper day, carols round the tree and Break up for half term
See what fun we have been having!