Academy Improvement Plan
Key priorities 2019/20
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- To review and amend our long term curriculum plan , curriculum rationale and curriculum offer
- Have a clear curriculum intent
- Identify and deliver CPD about how children learn eg ‘Making Learning Stick’.
- All teaching staff to have received CPD in reading.
- To achieve 100% good or better teaching
- To ensure that PP pupils make as good or better progress than non- pp pupil
- To use effective collaboration to secure improvements for staff and pupils
- To continue to ensure that robust systems are in place to support high standards of behaviour.
- To ensure that all teaching/ Learning environments are of a high quality which supports high quality learning
To ensure our school values are core and central to the workings of the school
To ensure staff workload is at a reasonable level
- Governance – see strategic plan
- Continue to improve outcomes for pupils
- Achieve better than average GLD in EYFS
- Achieve better than national average value added progress between KS1 and KS2 for reading, writing and maths
- At the end of KS1 achieve better than national average for expected attainment standard in reading writing and maths separately
- At the end of KS2 be above floor standards or national average ( whichever is the higher) for expected attainment standard in combined reading writing and maths
- For KS1 and KS2 close the attainment gap between boys and girls writing
- Attendance target of 97.5+%
- To continue to investigate how we can improve on outcomes for boys writing
- To ensure that robust monitoring systems are in place in order to support outcomes for all pupils, including the monitoring of the impact of PP funding, the impact of same day interventions, termly progress meetings between SLT and teachers and half termly progress meetings if needed.
QUALITY OF TEACHING
- To deliver at least 100% good or better teaching
- To continue to develop a robust monitoring system consisting of learning dips, learning walks, pupil interview and book scrutinies as well as observations
- To ensure staff have access to quality CPD linked to our school priorities
To introduce Forest School/Outdoor Learning experience to our pupils from EYFS to Y6
To continue to closely monitor progress in English and Maths