We have 21 Reception children in our class this year. Our teacher is Miss Katie Loney. Our Classroom Assistant is Miss Holmes.
Fresh fruit is available daily and we encourage the children to make healthy choices.
Milk is available free to all children until they are 5 (once registered).
Water is readily available in the classroom. The children are encouraged to help themselves throughout the day.
PE takes place every Friday morning. Please label all your child's uniform and PE kit.
Outdoor play is a big part of our curriculum. At Scout Road, we provide the children with waterproof clothing. Please could you make sure your child has a suitable warm coat, hat, gloves and wellies.
Book bags need to be brought to school every day with their reading book, reading record and their phonics book.
Our topic this half term is:-
We follow the White Rose scheme of work. The children will be taught maths skills using a variety of, 'concrete' objects and 'pictorial' representations. They will learn how to solve problems and justify their thinking.
Objectives covered across Spring term:
English: We use the Ruth Miskin 'Read, Write Inc' programme to develop our reading and writing skills.
Our books this half term will be:
'Somebody swallowed Stanley' and 'A planet full of plastic'
Science Investigations: Living things and their habitats
Expressive Arts and Design: Recycling art, drawing and patterns
Topic: Name the five oceans, name different creatures that live in our oceans.
RE: How we can look after our planet
IT : Drawing pictures
Reading Books: They will be changed on a Monday and Friday, however, if you would like your child's reading book changed between these days, please place the book in the box.
Help Reception parents can offer at home:
- Encourage children to practice dressing and undressing independently, including turning clothes inside out
- Reading/ story telling daily
- Talking about everyday things that occur
- Practice holding a pencil correctly
- Practice writing numbers and counting out loud
- Learn numbers to 20, counting forwards and backwards
- Encourage children to go to the toilet and wash their hands independently
- Encourage children to use a knife and fork correctly.
- Read daily
- Encourage writing practice as often as possible
Dates for your Diary:
- Monday 24th February - Back to school
- Tuesday 3rd March - Sealife centre trip
- Thursday 5th March - World book day & parent assembly at 8.30
- Friday 20th March - Parent assembly at 8.30
- Monday 23rd March - Balance bike day
- Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th March - Parents evening
- Thursday 2nd April - Easter assembly at 8.30
- Friday 3rd April - Break up for Easter
- Monday 20th April - Back to school