Welcome to the Ladybird class
Our topic this half term is
'Walking with Dinosaurs'
English books for this half term:
Science: Herbivores, Carnivores and Omnivores
History: Mary Anning
Take a look at some of our amazing work...
Reception Tricky words
Year One Spelling
Links for Home learning:
For Maths use, White Rose, they have some excellent activities here.
BBC Bitesize have some great lessons/activities here.
Oak National Academy have lessons available here.
Open Minds Calderdale have produced a great range of resources to support the emotional well being of children, young people and their families during this difficult time. http://www.openmindscalderdale.org.uk/
Help Reception parents can offer at home:
- Encourage children to practice dressing and undressing independently, including turning clothes inside out
- Reading/ story telling daily
- Talking about everyday things that occur
- Practice holding a pencil correctly
- Practice writing numbers and counting out loud
- Learn numbers to 20, counting forwards and backwards
- Encourage children to go to the toilet and wash their hands independently
- Encourage children to use a knife and fork correctly.
- Read daily
- Encourage writing practice as often as possible
Year One Homework:
Spellings will be given on a Monday and tested the following week
Maths/English: work will be given via Purple Mash where possible or worksheet on Friday.
Reading should be done everyday
Our class weekly letter will be sent via email on a Friday.