Dear new Reception parents,
I have added a video of the classroom, to enable the children to familiarise themselves with the classroom layout/areas before they start school in September. I hope they enjoy it!
The topic in September for both Ladybirds and Bumblebees is, 'Wonder Woman'. We will be learning about similarities and differences, the body and keeping fit and healthy. We will also be learning about Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole.
I can't wait to meet you all. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns and these will be forwarded to me.
Links for Year One Home learning:
For Maths use, White Rose, they have some excellent activities here.
BBC Bitesize have some great lessons/activities here.
Oak National Academy have lessons available here.
For phonics you can use Ruth Miskin live lessons on YouTube or you can use Espresso.
You can still access Purple Mash and Espresso throughout the Summer, if you want to.
I hope you're all having an amazing summer!
Lots of love Miss Loney
Open Minds Calderdale have produced a great range of resources to support the emotional well being of children, young people and their families during this difficult time. http://www.openmindscalderdale.org.uk/
Help Reception parents can offer at home:
- Encourage children to practice dressing and undressing independently, including turning clothes inside out
- Reading/ story telling daily
- Talking about everyday things that occur
- Practice holding a pencil correctly
- Practice writing numbers and counting out loud
- Learn numbers to 20, counting forwards and backwards
- Encourage children to go to the toilet and wash their hands independently
- Encourage children to use a knife and fork correctly.
- Read daily
- Encourage writing practice as often as possible