Each year schools receive extra funding from the Government to provide additional help in school for children who come from lower income families. This funding is called Pupil Premium. The above strategy outlines how our school uses Pupil Premium money.
The school can qualify for pupil premium if you receive any of the following
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit Only (with income up to £16,190) with no element of Working Tax Credit
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Universal Credit (income dependent)
If you believe your child may qualify for this support in school there is an application form available on https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/residents/council-tax-and-benefits/benefits/free-school-meals or from the school office. The Local Authority (Calderdale) will assess your eligibility.
It is important to note that should there be a change in your circumstances and you are no longer in receipt of any of the above benefits Pupil Premium money would continue to be paid to school to support your child in education for the next 6 years.
If you need any further information or help then please contact the school office.